Speaking & Workshops
Kaj has a long background in executive education, running MBA and executive MBA courses in New Zealand, Finland, Singapore and Shanghai. He is a frequent speaker at internal seminars for major global corporations, and at leading management development institutions in Europe, Asia and the US.
Extensive experience as Key Note speaker. Partial list (since 2006):
· University of Auckland, Innovative Manufacturing and Materials Programme, Tech Tuesday Business Breakfast, Auckland, April 2016, (“Are you market-driven or market-driving?”), together with Dr. Suvi Nenonen.
· Productivity Hub, 2015 Productivity Symposium: Growing more innovative and productive Kiwi firms, Wellington, November 2015, (“Market Innovation”), together with Dr. Suvi Nenonen.
· NZEMA Leaders’ Network, Auckland, October 2015, (“From Product Innovation to Market Innovation”), together with Dr. Suvi Nenonen.
· KPMG – Agribusiness Summit, Auckland, September 2015, (“Forget Exports – Focus on Becoming Market Driving”).
· The Law & Economics Association of New Zealand (LEANZ), Auckland, August 2015, (“The Importance of Market Innovations for New Zealand”), together with Dr. Suvi Nenonen.
· Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, in Te Pūnaha seminar series, Wellington, April 2015, (“The need to complement R&D with market innovations”), together with Dr. Suvi Nenonen.
· MacGregor Ltd., Account Management Strategy Workshop, Helsinki, March 2015 (“Growth, Solution Business & Account Management”).
· Singapore Finnish Business Council, INSEAD campus, January 2015 (“Moving towards Market Innovation”), together with Suvi Nenonen.
· Beca Ltd. Market Shaping workshop, Auckland, January 2015 (“Market Shaping: a Key Role for Marketing and Sales”), together with Suvi Nenonen.
· SAMA Pan-European Conference, Berlin, March 2013 (“Delivering Strategic Value with Solutions Business”).
· SAMA Pan-European Conference, Prague, March 2012 (Keynote: “Driving Growth by Transforming from Product Sales to Integrated Solutions”).
· Hanken Alumni Seminar, Helsinki May 2011 (”Future growth through market design”), together with Dr. Suvi Nenonen.
· Cranfield KAM Best Practice Club meeting, May 2011 (“Managing Customers Globally”). Video interview can be accessed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_lx8rzzUmQ.
· Fletcher Building, Inspiring Minds lecture, Auckland, April 2011 (“Driving Growth with Market and Customer Innovation”).
· Henry forum, Helsinki, November 2010 (“Driving growth cross-functionally. The role of HR”).
· KONE Corporation, Sales Excellence Workshop, Nice, April 2010 (“Accelerating Growth through Solution Sales”).
· Strategic Management Society’s Special Conference on ‘Intersections of Strategy Processes and Strategy Practices’, Levi, Finland, March 2010 (“Panel discussion on Business Models for the “both-and” world”).
· Fujitsu Executive Discussion Event, Helsinki, June 2009 (“Accelerating Growth through Solution Sales”).
· Relationship Marketing Summit, Buenos Aires, December 2007 (“Customer Relationship Management: a strategic agenda”).
· Thinking Forward Conference, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, March 2009 (“Marketing’s role as an author of meanings”).
· Cranfield KAM Best Practice Club meeting, February 2009 (“Using KAM as a bridge over troubled times”).
· 3rd Sales Management Conference in Athens, September 2008 (“Next generation sales management: selling value, improving profits”).
· Sales Event, Amsterdam, February 2008 (“Driving growth: grow your customers’ wallet”).